Thursday, November 04, 2004

No more politics. Let's just drink beer.

Bummer, dude. Bush again. It has to get worse before it can get better? Well, it's certainly going to get worse. But honestly, I'm so sick of hearing and talking about politics.
While watching the painful marathon of televised election results, we changed the channel and watched a documentary on a highschool women's basketball team playing a close game. It was a very needed break from the election. The team was entirely made up of Native American girls and they had an inspiring coach who riled them up and got them feeling like they could persevere against the other team of blonde girls. I was watching this at a friends' home in SF. We had been drinking beer for some hours and had just finished passing the peace pipe. Between the anxiety of the election and the mind altering substances and the crowded room, I got very emotional while watching this basketball game. It was intense. Waves of emotion would periodically hit me as I clenched my jaw and dried not to bawl. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The underdog team won in the last couple of seconds of the game that went into overtime and we all let out one hell of a triumphant cheer. God damn that felt good.
Then we went back to watching the election. That sucked. After I could no longer stand it, I went home to sleep. When I got there, I found that the spare key I was using wasn't working. I drove over to my friends' house and found a warm welcome and an available bed. Thank goodness for friendship.
Let's quit talking about politics and just run away somewhere where we can all just hang out and drink beer and cheer for underdog sports teams.
Or we could revolt! One or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home