Monday, May 02, 2005

Rocky is right

that I need to write. I majored in creative writing. Why? because it was fun. I got to do homework that was fun. I don't write much anymore. Why? I don't know. I haven't been inspired? The other night, I was talking to Manny's girlfriend, Julie, about majoring in creative writing: poetry. She asked about who inspired me. I couldn't remember one of the poets I used to really like. I felt embarassed about how I had majored in poetry and been very interested in it at one point and now pay almost zero attention to it. I just pulled one of the poet's books off the shelf for the first time in a long time. His name is Stephen Dunn. My favorite book of poetry by him isn't really poetry, but not really just prose either. I guess you would call it a book of prose poetry. It's called Riffs & Reciprocities and I believe that everyone alive should read it or have it read to them. I will type out a small sample for you Rocky when I get back from dinner. John and I are going to go eat cheeseburgers at Luka's.

until then....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home