Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Thank you WORLD WIDE WEB!

I am now all moved in to my own place by the lake. Life is good. The move happened just in time. I'm in Love with my girlfriend, Bridget, and am excited to have my own private space where that love can be expressed unabashedly. The apartment has a lot of character. The lofted bed is my favorite feature. It feels like my bedroom is a tree-fort.

In our tree-fort of Love, Bridget and I like to reminisce about the days of old. She and I knew each other back then. I met her when I was 7yrs old. Funny how long it took us to figure it out. We went to grade school together. She was 1 of 8 girls in my class of 30 or so students. After the 8th grade, I didn't see her again until a class reunion 3 years ago that a classmate organized. At the time, I was in a relationship with someone else, as was she. Our paths crossed again when her mother passed away. I wasn't able to attend the funeral, but was going to be in our home town later that week, so I paid her a visit. We exchanged contact info. Then, earlier this summer I saw on her Friendster profile that she had moved back to the USA from Ireland. I called her and was reminded of how great she is. Later on, while she was on a road trip, I sent her a love note via Friendster. It worked! You see...Friendster is worthwhile. Besides...I spent a year or so checking her Friendster photos and daydreaming of our potential union. It's kind of hilarious how I developed a crush on her digital photos. Thank you internet! Thank you WORLD WIDE WEB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home